Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why here?


Recently, I've been constantly amazed with stories of people I meet here on what led them to move here in Canada or to be more specific, in Vancouver.  Amazed because I think I will never have the same courage that they had when they made such decision. When they move here, not everything was certain. It's not like when I got here that I have a house to stay and a job. I basically knew how I will do things here. But for them, everything was an act of obedience partnered with faith.  Every time God asks me to move to a different place, everything is always laid out for me. When I moved to Manila, everything was clear for me. I have a job waiting for me and I found a place even before I got there. God knew that I never wanted to work in Manila ( I was very specific in my prayer), for a lot of reasons. But He was very clear and there was really peace when I made that decision. 

I'm just wondering how I would respond if God would bring me to a situation that certainty is not a part of it. God works differently in each of our lives. I have a friend that every time he would make big decisions, God would always bring him to a crossroad. That's just how God works in his life. I'm just really inspired by the faith and courage of people who come here not knowing how things will be for them. All they know is that, it's where God wants them to be. And they just obey. 

What's your story? What led you to where you are now? 


God told Abram: "Leave your country, your family, and your father's home for a land that I will show you." - Genesis 12:1



1 comment:

  1. we cant really know for certain, but all we know is that God has a purpose. :D

    ReplyDelete