Sunday, May 8, 2011

[Journey on Waiting 2] the "perfect" pair of shoes



When was the last time you purchased a pair of shoes? My latest was I think a month ago - a pair of red wedge shoes as you can see in the left. I thought they were cute and they really looked good with my feet when I tried them. :) And what's nice? They didn't cost much. So, I bought them. 


When I tried them in the store, it felt comfortable until I really used them. :( The first time I used it, few walks were okay. But as I walked longer, my feet started to feel pain already. And I ended up wearing my flats. Well, there's always a price for comfort. That's why it's not really that costly. 


How about you? How do you select your pair of shoes? Do you have a criteria or a preference? Me, I follow a criteria and sometimes break them just like that purchase I made above. A lesson I always learn over and over - quality and comfort should never be compromised when buying a pair of shoes (especially if you will use them daily or most of the time). There are those which are very pricey but are really of good quality. There are those which are very cheap but after a few months, you can't use them already or those which would just really hurt your feet.  The best shoes could really come with a price and would sometimes even take longer time to find them in the stores. 


I want to use this as an analogy on how we set standards for waiting or choosing the right person that we want to spend our life with. When people ask me what I'm looking for in a guy, common comment I get is that I'm too idealistic. My response always is - Nothing is impossible with God. I'm trusting Him for it. I'm not waiting for a perfect person - that is true idealistic! I'm waiting for the person that God has put in my heart to wait for. And I encourage single women who have been on the journey of waiting to never make your non-negotiable become negotiable just because of what other people tell you or just because you got tired of waiting.  One of my non-negotiables? Someone who loves God more than anyone else, even more than me. Too idealistic? I don't think so. Because he will never understand my passion and love for God if he doesn't.


Why don't we treat relationship like buying a pair of shoes? Sometimes, our feet are luckier because we would really purchase the best for them. Why don't we wait for the best person that God has prepared for us? And while waiting, why don't we become that best person too? You might be asking if the one I've waited has come why I'm writing all these stuff. My answer is no, not yet. I'm still on the same journey as some of you are. But, it's not just really waiting for that person. It's really waiting on Jesus. Preparing to be the best person that I can be, primarily, for Him. 


These past days, I got more excited to continue this journey as I believe that the process itself is what God wills for me and not just the outcome. I hope that you would also have the same excitement as you journey with God on waiting.


God bless! :)


Psalm 27: 13 - 14
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment