Monday, May 23, 2011

Duty or Delight? - Week 2



Week 2 was a less painful week. God has slowly been changing my mind and heart on how I see things. It was a sweet week! I got refreshed with God's Word and He gave me a 'kilig' feeling for the past days. I remembered the words of my friend and I re-phrase it - God just knows how to make you 'kilig' especially at your brokenness. :)


I was made to reflect this week on the Body and Blood of Jesus. As the author Tammie Head says, "Eat more Bread, Drink more Blood".  


Are you familiar with the story of the Israelites and on how they were freed by God from Egypt? Do you know what one of their problems was? Dissatisfaction. God promised them a land that would be full of riches but they couldn't wait. In the middle of their journey, they kept on complaining. Can you relate to them? I can. At some point, we all want to be free from something that we've been struggling but we are not willing to go through the process of pain. We want to be satisfied instantly. Who doesn't?


I've been reminded this week of Jesus being the Bread of Life (John 6:35). I understood why Tammie said eat more Bread. Because only Jesus can give us the bread that will never make us hungry. It is only in Jesus that we will be satisfied no matter what circumstance we are in. 


And what's another good news? That no matter what, God accepts us because we've been covered by the Blood of Jesus. I'm guilty of feeling 'guilty' when I feel that what I do for God is never enough. I realized that I was trying to do a performance in front of God which He really doesn't need. What God wants is a heart that delights in Him. It doesn't matter what is our position when we pray, either we sit or stand or kneel. It doesn't matter how we worship Him, either we lift our hands or we just close our eyes. Our heart is what matters to Him. It  doesn't matter if our past if so messed up. If we accept Jesus in our life, His Blood has covered those already. And when the Father looks at us, He accepts us through Jesus. Isn't God amazing? :)


I learned two things: 
Guilt leads to Performance
Conviction leads to Repentance


Which one is yours?


I pray that I will fully enjoy the rights and blessings of redemption that God has offered to us through Jesus Christ. And I pray, that it will be your prayer too.


As I ended week 2, I celebrated the Body and Blood of Jesus through a personal communion. It was actually my first time to do this. I should be doing more of this. You should too. :)





"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." -- Ephesians 1: 7-8

4 comments:

  1. there was so much dissatisfaction in me this past week, too pay. as in, i am trying to focus on God, His presence, and even His presents. we are so blessed, but the fact that there was no money in my pocket made me lose sight. but thank God He restored me. praise Him :D good one! i like the idea of a personal communion. ive never done that before. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. try mo man nang... first time ko man gani...and true, only God can restore our dissatisfaction :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you familiar with the story of the Israelites and on how they were freed by God from Egypt? Do you know what one of their problems was? Dissatisfaction. God promised them a land that would be full of riches but they couldn't wait. In the middle of their journey, they kept on complaining. Can you relate to them?

    I so can relate peps. Going through the same waiting time when I so feel the pain. And instead of being humble I exercise pride. Thank you for your post I'm being reminded..

    ReplyDelete