Saturday, November 6, 2010

truly awakening...

May 25, 2007 - Hillsong United @UBC, Vancouver with Hillsong buddy Sarah and her friends
May 26, 2008 - Hillsong United @Araneta Coliseum, Manila with my best friend, Nong Iman
Aug 15, 2008 - Sonicflood @Araneta Coliseum, Manila with my brother, Christian and cousin, Doink
April 20, 2010 - Hillsong with Darlene Zschech @Araneta Coliseum, Manila with Sarah, Jep and my Dgroup sister, Tsame
Last night - Passion World Tour @Rogers Arena, Vancouver with  Anne and her housemates, Ricky, Abet
----------------------------------------ooooo----------------------------------------


Why the list? After the worship event  last night, I started reminiscing the previous big worship events I had attended and the people I was with. I was thinking how many more events will I be able to attend to. I just feel privileged every time I am able to attend these events no matter where I am. Being able to worship God together with thousands of believers is just amazing.

Before I make my point, I just want to share some things that struck me last night from Ptr. Louie Giglio's message though not really in exact same words...

-  Passion is when you do something for God and you let go of your own selfish dreams and ambitions.   And I totally agree. Passion without sacrifice is not passion at all.
-  As my FB status goes, I am beautifully broken...why?  Because our Healer is God. That's just it. :D
-  Colossians 3:17 - whatever you do, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. As what Ptr. Louie said, when we all go to heaven, the pastors and church workers won't be on the first line, while those who are not will be on the last. God does not care what we are, He cares on the motive - why we are doing it.
- It's not about you or me.  It's all about God.  If you're broken/hurt - it's not about you.  If you're happy - it's not about you. If you need healing - it's not about you.  It's always about God.
- Since it's about God, He still wants us to be part of His great story. For us to shout His fame and not our fame.
- Make your life count for only one...for Jesus.
- Lastly, Jesus did not come to make the bad become good. He came to make the dead alive. And that's the life I'm living today. :D

Back to my point of making that list...

I was asking myself, then, what? It's good to take part on those events. But then, now what? Lately, I've been asking myself if I was bearing fruit as a Christian. It seems like I just take in things and not being able to share them to others. It doesn't matter how many worship events I have attended. God won't ask how many when I meet Him. I was reminded about God's will last night. Ptr. Louie said that whatever I am doing right now, that is God's will for me.  I just have to align it to Him and His purpose.  And that's so true.  I realized I should bloom where God is planting me. I should bear fruit on where He is planting me. And it's right here, with what I have. This is something I really have to pray and work for as well, all by God's grace.

I know some of you are also asking what your purpose in life is. The only answer I know for myself is living for the One who gave me life. And that is living for God -- as a daughter, a sister, a friend, an office mate, an employee, etc.

"Whatever you do, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus..."

To God be the utmost glory.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment