Tuesday, June 5, 2012

In Quietness, In His Presence


I read Psalm 131 tonight. And I felt my heart speaking the verses. For quite a while, being calm and quiet has been my weapon in facing certain things in my life. It's not because I'm afraid but because I chose to submit to the Lord. Right now, all I want is just to enjoy my walk with Jesus. And at this time, it is a walk of quietness and stillness with Him.


My heart is not proud, Lord,
    my eyes are not haughty; 
I do not concern myself with great matters 
    or things too wonderful for me. 
But I have calmed and quieted myself, 
    I am like a weaned child with its mother;
    like a weaned child I am content.
Israel, put your hope in the Lord
    both now and forevermore.

I don't know why. But I'm starting to get poetic lately. I just usually express myself through my journal, pouring out everything. But lately, God inspired me to be poetic. :) He certainly does! So, I'll just grab it while the bubble is there. :) I got inspired reading those verses that I made a few lines of mine.

In the midst of clamor,
I chose calmness.
For my mind to ease
and my heart to rest.

In Your Presence, O God
my soul finds peace.
What else would I ask,
when you are enough?

2 comments:

  1. I was just about to say that you are getting poetic lately. I'm sure there is more to come. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... oo nga e... haha... words, thoughts are coming out from my brain in a poetic way.. haha...

    ReplyDelete