Sunday, June 3, 2012

28: Career Choices



My first job is still my current job. After I graduated from college, I immediately looked for a job that suited my degree. And gratefully, God gave me the best job. I can't believe that I'll be turning 7 years in the company this August. I remembered I was about to give up when I thought that nothing great was going to happen in my career. Then, all of a sudden, opportunities came, just at the right time. Talking about God's timing. :)


There are times that I would think about trying other companies and seeking better opportunities but I really never do anything about it. I never submitted any resumes or even deliberately look for jobs. Those were just spur of the moments. But not until I got back from Canada. I was opened to a lot of options. And my desire to work abroad grew. Actually, I got a change of heart because I never wanted to work abroad before. 


But right now, I'm not yet sure if this is what God wants for me. It would take a lot to actually leave my current job because I still enjoy what I do and now having the chance to really mentor a team, it would also be a lost privilege for me. When there was a door for me to go back to Canada, I wanted to take control and push it. But I didn't. I trusted God. Because I believe that no one could ever hinder His plans. It was a great opportunity but God knows what's really best for me. 


Just this week, I posted my updated resume to job sites and I received some responses through email and even got a phone call. I wasn't expecting any of it. And I actually felt scared. I'm not sure if I would even be qualified or if I'll even pass the interviews. It was the same feeling when I was looking for a job for the first time. I'm not even sure if it's even the right thing to do for now.


I was very much encouraged with the message today. Practicing God's presence. This is what I really need to do more than anything else. To be able to hear God clearly and know His will for me, I need to be in His presence constantly. I got so focused thinking what are the next steps I need to do instead of focusing on God. More than anything else, I need to understand the heart of God for my career. Why, what and where? And make it the desire of my heart as well.

Hebrews 13:5
 Keep your lives free from the love of money and 
be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
  never will I forsake you.”

Knowing that God will never leave me no matter what, I just have to wait and be still.



No comments:

Post a Comment