Monday, May 7, 2012

Broken Nail




I never thought I would learn a valuable lesson from my broken toe nail. 

One of my big toe nails was cut into half. Yes, nicely cut into half. :) Because of it, I couldn't wear sandals when I go out because it looks weird. The only way is to cover it with a nail polish. And while  I was putting a nail polish, realizations were made... hehe...

I compared our heart to my broken nail. Just like it, even if I cover it with a polish, underneath it, it hasn't changed. It is still broken. It will look nice again when it will start growing back  to a new one. I realize our heart is also like that. Sometimes, we tend to hide or cover up all negative emotions in our hearts, thinking that it will be fixed eventually. 


Truth is, until we allow God to give us a new heart, we can only keep pretending.

Anyway, my nails are still covered with polish, for the meantime. :) Hopefully, it will grow to a new one soon. :)

Ezekiel 36:26, "I will give you a new heart..."


spot my broken toe nail :D

No comments:

Post a Comment