Wednesday, March 16, 2011

apathy to evangelism



Have you experienced someone has approached you with a small booklet on gospel sharing?  How about seeing people on the streets with banners in their hands proclaiming about God? 


I had and still do until now.  But my response or reaction to these people today has changed compared to how I respond to them before. You see, I was indifferent to these people. I thought these people and even the people I see in the television sharing about God are all the same, false teachers or evangelists.  So, I didn't give interest. 


But when I started walking seriously with God, my perception has changed. As I learned about evangelism and missions through God's Word and other people, God changed my heart.  (Well, God gave me wisdom too. Not all "evangelists" are genuine.)


Tonight, I was watching a video of volunteer missionaries of Campus Crusade for Christ who were called to share the gospel and love of God to university students in Manila. I felt a prick in my heart knowing how I reacted before when I see students like them who were passionate in sharing the gospel. I never knew how much it took for them to volunteer and go.  And, I never gave them a chance.


Now, when I see students like them or people on the streets, I admire them. Because they have the courage to go out and share the gospel to the world. They carried out the mission we all should be doing.


Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matt 28:18-20)


When you bump into one of them, give them a chance. They really don't want to convert you and make you a member of something. They just want to share a good news that is very worthy of your time.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment